UPDATE: 10:33 a.m.: Here are some places to go sledding in Waltham.
UPDATE, 10:17 a.m.: Here are some great ways to beat the cold.
UPDATE, 10:05 a.m.: The Waltham Boys & Girls Club is closed on Friday.
UPDATE, 10:03 a.m.: Trash service is on schedule but under a 1-day delay due to the holiday.
UPDATE, 6:20 p.m.: A blizzard warning has been issued for parts of Massachusetts.
UPDATE, 2:29 p.m.: Bentley University will be closed on Friday, Jan. 3.
UPDATE, 2:15 p.m.: Brandeis University will close at 3 p.m. on Thursday and will be closed on Friday, Jan 3.
UPDATE, 12:56 p.m.: Gov. Deval Patrick made several announcements about the storm during a press conference today. Also, here are some good tips for beating bitter temperatures.
UPDATE, 12:14 p.m.: Gann Academy will be closed on Friday, Jan. 3. Chapel Hill Chauncy Hall will be closed on Friday, Jan 3.
UPDATED, 11:39 a.m.: The Waltham Public Library will close at 3 p.m. on Jan. 2.
How much snow is Waltham expected to get Thursday and Friday? Here are the projections as of Thursday at 5 a.m.
- National Weather Service: 10-14 inches
- Channel 4, WBZ: 10-14+ inches
- Channel 5, WCVB: 9-15 inches
- Channel 7, WHDH: 8-12 inches
- Channel 25, FOX: 10-14 inches
In case you missed it, Waltham Public Schools will be closed on Jan 2. and Jan. 3.
Parking Ban Declared
A parking ban has been declared for Waltham starting at 6 p.m. on Jan. 2. That means you are prohibited from parking your car on a public road. Violators are subject to be towed.
Motorists may move their cars to school or city-owned lots. Those cars must be removed immediately after the parking ban is lifted.
If your car is towed, call police at 781-314-3600.
Waltham Emergency Contacts
- In case of an emergency, dial 911
- Waltham Police Department - 781-314-3600. In an emergency, call 911.
- Waltham Fire Department - 781-314-3710. In an emergency, call 911.
- National Grid power outages: 800-465-1212
- National Grid gas emergencies: 800-233-5325
- NStar: Report a power outage website
- Comcast: 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278)
- Verizon: 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)
- RCN: 1-866-TECH-RCN (1-866-832-4726)
Do you get our daily newsletter and our breaking news alerts? If not, sign up here. It's free!