needs to improve on her relationship with other city departments and the media, according to newly-released performance evaluation documents.
Overall, , but the full evaluation gives deeper insight into her strengths and weaknesses. Nicholson did not receive any rating below a 2.4 on the individual items, and overall received a 3.16.
The final evaluation is a composite of the School Committee members' individual evaluations.
Below are additional details on her ratings on a scale of 1 -4, with 4 being the highest ranking. A 1 rating means “unsatisfactory” a 2 ratings means “needs improvement,” a 3 rating means “proficient,” and a 4 ratings means “exemplary.”
FOR THE FULL EVALUATION, CLICK ON THE PDF IN THE PHOTO BOX TO THE RIGHT.
SAMPLE OF LOWER RATINGS (categories are as they appear on the evaluation)
- Fosters a collaborative relationship with our city departments and committees: 2.8
- Plans and administers a program of public communication on behalf of the district. Develops and maintains a cooperative relationship with the media: 2.9
- Establishes and maintains good morale throughout the school system: 2.8
SAMPLE OF HIGHER RATINGS
- Creates a culture which encourages community/parent activity in support of student learning: 3
- Maintains community respect and support for the district and encourages involvement in the schools: 3
- Is accessible to staff, students and parents: 3
- Maintains a high work ethic and model behavior: 3.5
How has Nicholson performed? Leave your thoughts in the comment box below.