Before you know it, it will be Election Day; so don’t miss the chance to start learning about the races and candidates you will vote on. Below are five races Waltham voters are interested in.
- Waltham Republican is challenging Democratic incumbent for the 10th Middlesex State Representative seat. Lawn was elected last year to replace former who left office to become the Middlesex County Sheriff.
- Democratic incumbent Ed Markey faces two challengers in his quest to keep his seat in the U.S. House of Representatives. Jeff Semon and Frank Addivinola are challenging him and recently held a meet the candidate’s night in Watertown.
- U.S. Senator Scott Brown faces newcomer , a Democrat, for one of the state’s two seats. The race has recently garnered a lot of interest, mostly over the controversy of Warren’s ancestry.
- Former , a Belmont Republican, will have a tough time finding support in Massachusetts as he challenges Democratic incumbent .
- There is no shortage of candidates for the State Senate seat incumbent Susan Fargo, who is not seeking reelection. , and , Joe Mullin and , all Democrats, are vying for the seat. Sandi Martinez and Greg Howes, both Republicans, are also running.