A 39-year-old Waltham man allegedly broke into 10 storage containers on New Salem Street in Wakefield early Wednesday morning.
Waltham Police responded to the area at about 3 a.m. for a report of a suspicious man driving a sedan without its headlights on.
Officers soon found the man drenched in sweat, wearing black gloves, a dark hooded sweatshirt and a bandanna and struggling with a metal storage unit, according to police.
Officers spotted various power tools in the suspect’s car, questioned him and then arrested him, police said.
David Florio was charged with:
- Breaking into a depository, felony, 10 counts
- Possession of a burglarious instrument, felony
- Vandalism/defacement of property, felony
- Receiving stolen property, misdemeanor
- Taking and carrying away a registration (license plate), misdemeanor
Additional charges could be forthcoming as the investigation continues, police said.
Officers allegedly found several power tools, a concrete saw, copper pipe, sheet metal, bolt cutters, assorted jewelry, road paving equipment, a police scanner and dozens of other items in Florio’s car.
Florio also had an outstanding warrant out of Newton District Court.