Nobody was injured during a Thanksgiving Day fire at 30 Gilman Rd. in Waltham, according to the fire department.
The incident began at around 8:45 p.m. when firefighters responded to the 1.5 story home and found smoke coming from the first and second floor of the home, according to Waltham Fire Lt. Scott Perry.
Firefighters quickly found the fire was coming from a fireplace/chimney on the first floor of the home, Perry said. By 10:42 p.m., firefighters cleared the scene after knocking down the flames.
The house suffered substantial smoke and water damage, Perry said.
Firefighters believe the cause of the blaze was an old and possibly cracked chimney flu and fireplace assembly, Perry said.
Missing: 15-Year-Old Waltham Girl
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something