A year after the triple murder at 12 Harding Ave., investigators say they are still actively investigating the case and pursuing leads.
Today, Sept. 12, marks one year .
Nobody has been arrested in connection with the case and police never publicly named any suspects. Mess had been living in the second floor unit of the house.
“Solving this case remains a priority for this office. We have not forgotten about Brendan, Erik or Raphael. Our hope remains that we are eventually able to provide justice for the victims’ families,” said Stephanie Chelf Guyotte, the Middlesex District Attorney's office spokesman, in an email to Waltham Patch.
There has been little news on the murders since they happened, but one new detail recently came to light -- Teken was living in Waltham at the time he was killed, and not Cambridge as investigators originally said.
At least publicly, much remains a mystery about the case. Investigators never named any suspects, but on the day the bodies were discovered, , at least one person (besides the victim) had been inside the house prior to police arriving. Investigators also said the murders were a targeted killing.
“We cannot comment on suspects, however, we do believe this was a targeted attack and we are following all leads at our disposal to determine who is responsible for this horrific attack on three young men,” Guyotte wrote.
Investigators are also still not commenting on a possible motive other than it not being a random act.
Investigators also won’t comment on any evidence they have. Soon after the killings, however, investigators revealed the three victims were killed by “sharp force injuries of the neck.” Also, $5,000 in cash was left at the scene, WCVB-TV reported in November of 2011.
Mess's girlfriend discovered the bodies at around 2:30 p.m., according to the Boston Globe.
Anybody with information on the case is urged to called the Middlesex County District Attorney’s Office at 781-897-6600 or at 781-314-3600 or the State Police at 508-820-2300.