Fire at Brandeis Dorm Injures One

The fire at a Brandeis University dorm erupted at 4:15 a.m.

Waltham Fire
Waltham Fire

A small fire broke out at a Brandeis University dorm on Tuesday morning injuring one person, according to the Waltham Fire Department. 

At around 4:15 a.m. firefighters responded to a report of a fire at the dormitory at Ziv 125 on the Brandeis University campus, according to Waltham Fire Lt. Scott Perry. Firefighters attacked the blaze and stopped it quickly. 

"It was confined into a room, 104D on the first floor," Perry said, adding the building was evacuated. 

One dorm resident was taken to a hospital for smoke-related injuries, according to Perry.

A lamp, several books and a rug were damage in the fire, Perry said. 

"They did a good job confining it and keep it in that area," he said.

No cause has been determined yet. 


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »