.

UPDATED: Possible Cause of Fatal Waltham Fire

The fire occurred in a rooming house on Crescent Street early Friday morning.

Photo credit: WHDH/7-News
Photo credit: WHDH/7-News

Improper disposal of smoking materials may have led to a fatal fire in a rooming house on Crescent Street at about 3 a.m. Friday, according to authorities.

The fire, at 240 Crescent St., killed a man in his 50s, according to State Fire Marshal Stephen Coan and Waltham Fire Chief Paul Ciccone, via the Boston Herald. The man, whose body was found on the third floor, had not been formally identified as of Friday evening.

The three-floor residence had 12 individual rooms with shared bathrooms, the Herald reports. The victim’s smoke alarm had been dismantled.

Another resident was rescued from an upper floor. All of the house’s residents have been displaced.

Read the full Boston Herald report >>

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »