Every once in awhile, Facebook makes changes that users either love or hate.
Over the last few months, the social media giant has changed its "algorithm" on how to sort users' news feeds—which means that just because you signed up for a page's status updates, it doesn't mean you're going to get them.
And we've heard from a lot of you that you hate that!
So how can you stay up-to-date with Waltham Patch?
1) Make sure that your Facebook account is set up to see pages' updates. If you click or hover over the "liked" button on our page, beneath our cover photo, you can choose "show in news feed." This will help you to see more of our posts!
2) Interact! A lot! The more you interact with our Facebook page, the more the Facebook Algorithm thinks you like it. Which means it'll show up in your news feed more often.
3) You could ditch Facebook altogether and follow us on Twitter. Even if you don't want to communicate with anyone via Twitter, sign up for an account, follow us and you will receive ALL of our status updates.
4) Sign up for the Waltham Patch e-mail newsletter. Every day or once a week depending on your selection, you'll receive an e-mail updating you with our top stories of the day, as well as links from the day before. Articles, announcements, blogs, events—they're all in there!
5) Use an RSS reader. Many people use RSS readers on their computers, as well as their smartphones. If you'd like to follow Woburn Patch that way, just save this RSS URL: http://waltham.patch.com/articles.rss
Do you have other ways you stay in touch with Waltham Patch? Tell us in the comments.