What should go into the empty storefront at 73 Charles St. in Waltham?
Tell us in the comments sections below.
For this week’s , we are at the site of the former Varney Printing shop.
According to city records, the business was taken over the city after the print shop failed to pay its taxes. It opened in 1940.
FEATURES OF THE SITE (Source: May 2012 letter from City of Waltham about auction of site.)
- One story, with a basement.
- 1st floor is 1,812 square feet.
- Two parking spaces are included in the site, but other parking is available on the street.
- It is also accessible by MBTA bus and sits in the downtown part of Waltham, near other stores.
- It is zoned as a commercial site, which means it could be used as retail store, tattoo parlor and restaurant among other things, according to city records.
- The site needs full renovations, including a new roof, according to city records.
- Water damage has impacted the floor tiles that would need repairs, according to city records.