A Waltham restaurant recently made a list of 10 “underrated Mexican restaurants” in the Boston area.
Taqueria el Amigo made the list, “Your Guide to Boston’s Underrated Mexican Restaurants,” which was on Boston.com’s “The Restaurant Hub” blog.
Here’s what Boston.com’s Kara Baskin had to say about Taqueria el Amigo:
This Shanty on the fringes of Waltham looks like the type of place that’s easy to get thrown out of at 2 a.m. Inside, hardcore spice-heads inhale tantalizingly tender, smoky chili pork tacos (4 for $6). No alcohol, but there is Mexican soda.
Taqueria el Amigo is at 196 Willow St.
Does Taqueria el Amigo deserve to be on the list? Let us know in the comments below.
The rest of the list:
- Beantown Taqueria, 245 Mass. Ave., Cambridge
- Tu Y Yo, 858 Broadway, Somerville
- Tenoch, 3 Lewis St., Boston
- Dorado Tacos, 401 Harvard St., Brookline
- La Posada, 1312 Mass. Ave., Arlington
- Taqueria Jalisco, 293 Bennington St., East Boston
- Cantina La Mexicana, 247 Washington St., Somerville
- Picante, 735 Mass. Ave., Cambridge
- Mi Pueblito, 333 Border St., East Boston