Ever wonder if the restaurant you are eating at abides by health regulations?
Waltham Patch has launched a new feature in which it will provide details on Waltham’s restaurant inspection reports. The reports are public record and if inspectors find issues, they follow up with future re-inspections to assure the issue is resolved. If the Board of Health finds repeated problems, it can call them for a hearing with the board.
- Newton Street Deli & Market, 344 Newton St.(Inspected on Oct. 1): Inspectors discovered a ceiling vent hanging over a food preparation table in the kitchen needed cleaning. The restaurant has 90 days to fix the issue.
- Panela De Barro, 285 Newton St., (Inspected on Oct. 1): Inspectors discovered a brick surface behind an oven needed cleaning. The restaurant has 90 days to resolve the issue.
- South Street Café, 5 Turner St. (Inspected on Oct. 1): No issues found.
- Wings Express, 464 Moody St., (Inspected on Oct. 3): No issues found.
- K-2 Market, 359 Moody St., (Inspected on Oct. 3): Inspectors discovered there was no person in charge at the site and that a sink needed repair to make sure it opened properly. Inspectors returned on Oct. 7 and found the issues had been resolved.