Starbucks is aiming to open a new location at 1019 Trapelo Rd., according to the attorney representing the developer of the site.
“Starbucks would like very much to go there,” said attorney Philip McCourt, who represents the developer, 1019 Trapelo LLC.
If approved, it would be one of Waltham’s first Starbucks stores. The company has already proposed another store at the former Polaroid site at 1265 Main St.
Starbucks’s two previous proposals, including one at 1019 Trapelo Rd., failed to gain approval. A similar proposal for 1019 Trapelo Rd. a year and a half ago was withdrawn after traffic concerns arose.
1019 Trapelo LLC, the site’s developer, also proposed a bank and an Asian fusion restaurant, during Monday’s City Council meeting. Specifically, the developer is seeking special permits to operate the Starbucks and the restaurant, since both are considered fast food under city regulations.
- The building, which has been under construction for months, would be one story and span approximately 9,000 square feet when completed, according to McCourt.
- The Starbucks would comprise of 1,500 square feet while the Asian eatery would take up 1,550 square feet.
- The bank would take up 2,000 square feet. The remaining space would be for retail uses, according to McCourt.
- The hours for Starbucks would be 6 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- The hours for the Asian restaurant would be 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- The site would have 47 parking spaces.
The issued was referred to the City Council’s Rules & Ordinance Committee for further review.