Invite a friend
Veterans Breakfast Hosted by Former U.S. Army Captain Joe Kearns Goodwin, Elected Leaders
CHELMSFORD—Democratic state Senate candidate and former U.S Army Captain, Joe Kearns Goodwin will host a free breakfast for veterans and military families this Saturday, August 18th in Chelmsford. Two of the soldiers Goodwin served with in Iraq will sponsor his veterans breakfast along with local and elected leaders who have served in the military including:
- Representative Charley Murphy (D-Burlington)
- Mayor Setti Warren (D-Newton)
- Representative Jim Vallee (D-Franklin and chairman of the Committee on Veterans Affairs)
- Representative Linda Dean Campbell (D-Methuen)
- Senator Mike Rush (D-West Roxbury)
- Representative Jerry Parisella (D-Beverly)
- Representative Paul Schmid (D-Westport)
- Representative Harold Naughton (D-Clinton)
- Colonel Sam Poulten (Chair of Chelmsford’s Democratic Town Committee)
- Rick Frese
- Bill Dooling
- Dave Claffey
- Cam Wilson
Goodwin has also been endorsed by VoteVets, a national advocacy group dedicated to supporting the needs of veterans.
Goodwin, who enlisted in the U.S. Army in the days after 9/11, was awarded the Bronze Star for his exemplary service in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The breakfast will take place at the Chelmsford American Legion Hall (90 Groton Road, N. Chelmsford) from 9-10:30am on Saturday, August 18. To RSVP, emailVeteransforJoe@gmail.com.