Invite a friend
Spring Orchid Sale
Hundreds of orchid plants are for sale, including cattleyas, laelias, paphiopedilums, and phalaenopsis. Species and hybrid plants that are budded and blooming are available. Let our gardening experts help you choose the right plants for your garden.
More About Lyman Estate and Greenhouses
The Lyman Estate is located on Lyman Street at the rotary near Bentley University. It was built in 1793. The estate (also known as "The Vale") is a beautiful home designed by Samuel McIntire. It has been remodeled several times over its 150-year history and is now Colonial Revival style.
It takes up 37 acres and has several outbuildings, including a huge greenhouse. Plants maybe purchased from the greenhouse and a small gift shop is also located there. The mansion itself is not open to the public for "drop-in" tours. Group guided tours can be arranged in advance. The house is primarily used for weddings, parties and corporate events.
The Lyman Estate is owned and operated by the non-profit Historic New England organization.
Other events here
- Great Dividends: Researching Land in a New England Community Sat, Jun 29, 10:00 am
- Movies at the Mansion at the Lyman Estate Thu, Jul 11, 8:30 pm–10:30 pm
- Worms Ate My Apple Core Sat, Sep 21, 10:00 pm–11:30 am
- Fall Orchid Sale October 18, 2013 / October 19, 2013 / October 20, 2013, 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- Orchid Growing Workshop Sat, Nov 9, 10:00 am
- Seventy-Five Years Later: The Hurricane of 1938 Tue, Nov 12, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Terrarium Gardening for Kids Sat, Nov 16, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- The Spirit of Christmas Past: Four Centuries of Christmas in New England Thu, Dec 5, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm