Invite a friend
Herrmann's Royal Lipizzan Stallions at Lyman Estate
The Herrmann family, breeders and trainers of the famed Lipizzan horse, demonstrate the highest levels of horsemanship in three shows. These stallions are among the last horses capable of executing the "Airs Above the Ground" maneuvers, dramatic leaps and plunges that were developed as aggressive battle maneuvers in the sixteenth century and are now among the most beautiful displays of equine grace and strength. Please bring your own seating. Snacks and souvenirs are available.
|Where||Lyman Estate and Greenhouses 185 Lyman St, Waltham, MA 02452|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||2:00 pm–3:30 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
|Price||Advance: $12 Adult/$10 Children, at Gates: $15 Adults/$12 Children. Members receive $2 off each ticket.|
More About Lyman Estate and Greenhouses
The Lyman Estate is located on Lyman Street at the rotary near Bentley University. It was built in 1793. The estate (also known as "The Vale") is a beautiful home designed by Samuel McIntire. It has been remodeled several times over its 150-year history and is now Colonial Revival style.
It takes up 37 acres and has several outbuildings, including a huge greenhouse. Plants maybe purchased from the greenhouse and a small gift shop is also located there. The mansion itself is not open to the public for "drop-in" tours. Group guided tours can be arranged in advance. The house is primarily used for weddings, parties and corporate events.
The Lyman Estate is owned and operated by the non-profit Historic New England organization.
Other events here
- Perennial Sale May 31, 2013 / June 1, 2013 / June 2, 2013, 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- Hosta Sale June 14, 2013 / June 15, 2013 / June 16, 2013, 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- Great Dividends: Researching Land in a New England Community Sat, Jun 29, 10:00 am
- Worms Ate My Apple Core Sat, Sep 21, 10:00 pm–11:30 am
- Fall Orchid Sale October 18, 2013 / October 19, 2013 / October 20, 2013, 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- Orchid Growing Workshop Sat, Nov 9, 10:00 am
- Terrarium Gardening for Kids Sat, Nov 16, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- The Spirit of Christmas Past: Four Centuries of Christmas in New England Thu, Dec 5, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm