Mike Barrett, Democrat running for the local State Senate seat, is holding “Educate the Candidate” meetings August and September. Endorsed by Congressman Barney Frank, former state Sen. Carol Amick and state Rep. Jay Kaufman – and informed by 17 years each in the private and public sectors – Barrett emphasizes environmental protection, education, healthcare, human services and the economy.
Last Saturday, Barrett was in Sudbury, talking to people about issues ranging from aid for public education to fair taxes for the middle class.
"These conversations teach me a lot," Barrett said. "They make me work hard and think hard. So much so that we're extending 'Educate the Candidate' for two more sessions in August. I'm amazed at the sheer diversity of issues that people are bringing up."
To tell Mike about the issues that concern you, come by the following locations:
- Waltham. Saturday, Aug. 4, 9-10 am. Outside Hannaford Market, 55 Russell St.
- Weston. Saturday, Aug. 11, 9-10 am. Outside Bruegger’s, 31 Center Street.
- Waltham. Saturday, August 25, 10-11 am. Lake St. and Lexington St.
- Chelmsford. Saturday, Aug. 18, 9-10 am. Outside Rosie’s Diner, 27 Vinyl St.
- Bedford. Saturday, Sept. 1, 10 to 11 a.m. Outside Whole Foods Market, 170 Great Rd.