Patch Picks: Fun Fall Stuff In Waltham
Check out our picks for all things autumn in Waltham and Watertown.
- Pumpkins – If you’re scouring for a pumpkin to sit atop your stoop, try Russo’s Market at 560 Pleasant St. in Watertown. Also try the Waltham Farmers Market on Saturdays at Main and Moody streets (Sovereign Bank parking lot) in Waltham for your picking.
- Foliage – The Upper Charles River Reservation is a good place for a stroll and to see the changing of the seasons. Start your walk from Prospect Street in Waltham or Watertown Square.
- Pumpkin beer – Looking for a seasonal brew? Stop by Watch City Brewery at 256 Moody St. in Waltham for a Pie-Eyed Pumpkin Ale.
- Cider – Apple cider is in season. Russo’s is a good bet for cider, located at 560 Pleasant St. in Watertown. You can also try your local supermarkets; Hannaford at 55 Russell St. in Waltham, Shaw’s at 130 River St. or 1070 Lexington St. in Waltham, or Stop and Shop at 700 Pleasant St. or 171 Watertown St. in Watertown.
- Harvest Activities - Waltham Fields Community Farm, located at 240 Beaver St. in Waltham, has programs for the whole family. Coming up on September 24: Waltham Farm Day, which offers harvest fun for the whole family, including cider making.