Patch Picks: Dinner Deals
Here are some picks for a nice dinner and drink for under $25 per person.
- Not Your Average Joe’s, 55 Main St., Watertown, has many unusual creations which make for an affordable dinner. Try the rosemary skewered scallops ($19.99) or the cranberry-teriyaki chicken with sweet potato cannellonis ($15.99). Top it off with a margarita ($6.99), or share a pitcher of your favorite beverage.
- Porcini’s offers Mediterranean faire in an upscale ambiance. Try the margherita pasta with chicken ($17) or the distrutto (penne with chicken, kalamata olives, etc. - $19). Add some wine (average $7/glass) or Sangria ($8.50). Stop by 68 School St. in Watertown.
- Watch City Brewing Co., 256 Moody St., Waltham, doesn’t seem to be messing around with house specialties Mia’s Mac & Cheese ($15.95, or $18.95 with grilled chicken) and beer battered fish & chips ($17.95). Nightly entrée features are also available. Add one of their own brewed drafts.
- The Talk, Watertown’s family restaurant, offers 10 oz. steak tips with mashed and a vegetable ($17), and chicken armando (medallions and fresh spinach in a spicy tomato basil sauce - $16). Visit The Talk at 116 Main St. in Watertown.
- Joe Sent Me, 849 Main St. in Waltham, offers pub food and entrees, including Larry Joe Bird’s Teriyaki Turkey Tips ($11.95) and Rasta Joe’s Blackened Grilled Shrimp ($12.95). They’ll leave you well within budget for their desserts or specialty cocktails.