Patch Picks: Best Bets for Burgers
Here are some picks in Waltham and Watertown to grab a classic or unique burger.
- Wild Willy’s – This eatery at 46 Arsenal St. in Watertown makes “real burgers for real burger lovers” with certified angus beef. The most unique burger offering may be the “Stampede,” which is topped with steak chili.
- 21 Nickels Grille & Tap – This 21 Nichols Ave, Watertown establishment changes their menu frequently. Try to catch their Santa Claus burger, smothered with mac & cheese and onion rings.
- Watch City Brewery – You’ll find lots of unusual burgers at 256 Moody St. in Waltham. Offerings include beef, turkey beef, buffalo turkey, veggie and lamb. Burgers come in many styles with spices.
- The Mad Raven – This Irish pub at 841 Main St. in Waltham strives to be unique. The menu does that and includes burger offerings such as the Bishopstown with Vidalia onions and mushrooms.
- The Deluxe Town Diner – Located at 627 Mt. Auburn St. in Watertown, you’ll find burgers on their expansive menu. A good bet would be the Greek burger – a mix of lamb and beef with olives, feta and capers.
- Shopper’s Café – Stop by this sports bar at 731 Moody St. in Waltham. If you want unusual, try the Italian burger, which is topped with salami, mozzarella and sweet cherry peppers.