Get Out: Theater, Breakfast on the Farm, and Nature Walks
Check out our picks for activities to do and new places to explore in and around Waltham.
- Where/When: Arsenal Center for the Arts, 321 Arsenal St., Watertown, Friday and Saturday, 8 p.m. and Sunday, 4 p.m.
- Why Go: Enjoy a musical theater performance featuring the works of composer John Kander and lyricist Fred Ebb. Classic tunes such as "New York, New York," "Cabaret," and "Maybe This Time" are interwoven into an up-tempo evening of song and dance.
- Pricing: $28-$58
- Where/When: Waltham Fields Community Farm, 240 Beaver St., Waltham, Saturday, 10 a.m.- 1 p.m.
- Why Go: Stop by for a buffet-style breakfast made with fresh produce from Waltham Fields Farm. Chef Joh Kokubo of Kitchen on Common cooks up this morning meal. In addition, bike tune-ups will be available by WFCF board member Nathan Weston for $20. All proceeds will benefit the farm’s food access and education programs.
- Pricing: $5 per person, $10 per family
- Where/When: Reagle Music Theatre, 617 Lexington St., Waltham, Friday, 7:30 p.m., Saturday, 7 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, 2 p.m.
- Why Go: This is the final weekend to see this popular musical. Curly, a handsome cowboy, and Laurey, a winsome farm girl, play out their love story to timeless musical standards such as "Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin'" and "The Surrey with the Fringe on Top."
- Pricing: $35-$57
- Where/When: Canadian-American Club, 202 Arlington St., Watertown, Saturday, 8 p.m.- midnight.
- Why Go: Cool off on a hot summer’s night in the air-conditioned dance hall of the Canadian-American Club. Dance all night long to the music of Erins’ Melody, a local Irish band.
- Pricing: $10
- Where/When: Stonehurst: The Robert Treat Paine Estate, 100 Robert Treat Paine Dr., Waltham, Sunday, 12 p.m.- 4 p.m.
- Why Go: Explore the forests, fields, rocks, and hills of Stonehurst as well as the surrounding Storer Conservation Lands and the Western Greenway. Follow clues on a self-guided treasure hunt or take a guided tour of the land. A fun afternoon for all ages.
- Pricing: Free
If you have any favorites that we missed, share them in our comment box below.