Get Out: Live Music, Theater, and a Steampunk Meeting
Check out our picks for activities to do and new places to explore in and around Waltham.
- Where/When: The Skellig Irish Music Pub & Restaurant, 240 Moody St., Waltham, Friday, 9:30 p.m.
- Why Go: This night is hosted by the band Scattershot, which will perform hits from the 1980s. There will also be a Ladies of the ’80s sing with the band contest, so come prepared to perform if you dare.
- Pricing: Dinner and drinks
- Where/When: Arsenal Center for the Arts, 321 Arsenal St., Watertown, Friday and Saturday, 8 p.m., Saturday, 3:30 p.m. and Sunday, 4 p.m.
- Why Go: Classic musical theater featuring the works of composer John Kander and lyricist Fred Ebb. Popular tunes such as "New York, New York," "Cabaret," and "Maybe This Time" are interwoven into an up-tempo performance of song and dance.
- Pricing: $28-$58
- Where/When: Regis College, 235 Wellesley St., Weston, Saturday
- Why Go: Four popular plays for every taste. The 49th anniversary summer season of Weston Drama Workshop will present "Bye Bye Birdie," "Tommy," "Wiley and the Hairy Man," and "Oklahoma." Come enjoy the shows performed by local area children in the air-conditioned Casey Theater at the college’s Fine Arts Center. Visit Weston Drama Workshop’s website for ticket information and showtimes.
- Pricing: $15 for adults, $12 for children
- Where/When: Charles River Museum of Industry, 154 Moody St., Waltham, Sunday, 1 - 3 p.m.
- Why Go: Fans of steampunk can meet Dr. Grymm for a book signing and discussion of "1000 Steampunk Creations: Neo-Victorian Fashion, Gear, and Art." Gather with other steampunks at the museum, exchange stories and share your latest projects.
- Pricing: Free
- Where/When: Newton Center Playground, Tyler Terrace & Centre St., Newton Center, Sunday, 6:15 - 7:45 p.m.
- Why Go: Bring your lawn chairs and blankets to the Newton Center Green and watch performances of "Shakespeare on Love" and "A Shakespearean Cabaret."
- Pricing: Free
If you have any favorites that we missed, share them in our comment box below.