Get Out: Circus Smirkus, Theater and Marionettes
Check out our picks for activities to do and new places to explore in and around Waltham.
- Where/When: Gore Place Society, 52 Gore St., Waltham, Friday and Saturday, 1 p.m. and 6 p.m. and Sunday, 11 a.m.
- Why Go: Kids of all ages will love this international traveling youth circus. Come see kids perform on the highwire and trapeze, and as clowns, jugglers and acrobats. This 2-hour show runs throughout the weekend.
- Pricing: $25 for adults, $19 for children, free for kids under 2
- Where/When: Arsenal Center for the Arts, 321 Arsenal St., Watertown, Friday and Saturday, 8 p.m., Saturday, 3:30 p.m., and Sunday, 4 p.m.
- Why Go: This is the final weekend to see this lively show of song and dance. Enjoy a musical theater performance featuring the works of the celebrated writing team Kander and Ebb. Hear some of your favorite classic tunes such as "New York, New York," "Cabaret," and "Maybe This Time."
- Pricing: $28-$58
- Where/When: The Skellig Irish Music Pub & Restaurant, 240 Moody St., Waltham, Friday, 9:30pm
- Why Go: If you’re a fan of '80s music, come listen to the band Scattershot, which will perform hits from that decade. There will also be a "Ladies of the '80s" sing with the band contest, so come prepared to perform if you dare.
- Pricing: Dinner
- Where/When: The Regent Theatre, 7 Medford St., Arlington, Saturday, 7 p.m.
- Why Go: The ACT's summer season is in full swing with three fun shows this weekend. Children ages 14 - 18 will sing and dance in "Footloose;" kids 7 - 12 will perform in "Aladdin, Jr." on Sunday afternoon at 2 p.m.; and 11 - 15 year olds will take the stage in Sunday evening’s performance of "Grease" at 7 p.m.
- Pricing: $15
- Where/When: Newton Center Playground, Tyler Terrace & Centre St., Newton Center, Sunday, 6:15 p.m.- 7:45 p.m.
- Why Go: Bring your lawn chairs and blankets to the Newton Center Green for a performance by the Tanglewood Marionettes. Skilled puppeteers will perform "An Arabian Tale" as part of Newton Community Pride’s Heritage Festival Concerts.
- Pricing: Free
If you have any favorites that we missed, share them in our comment box below.