More than year after proposing a new location for Waltham, Boloco, a regional burrito chain, is abandoning its plans.
The company had planned to open a location at 475 Winter St., but has requested withdrawal of the plans after the city's Rules & Ordinance Committee had wanted more time to discuss the issue, according to the city clerk's office.
The full City Council will vote on the withdrawal request at its Monday, Nov. 26 meeting.
While no specific reason was given for the withdrawal yet, Boloco CEO John Pepper previously told Waltham Patch his company was encountering too much red tape in the process to get their request for a special fast food permit approved. He also cited troubles with the company's attorney. Pepper had said they he would likely scrap the firm's plans if they had not made significant progress by October.
The company can file plans for a new location in the future.