- Organization: Waltham Land Trust
- Causes: Environmental
- Date(s): Crew Leader training Sunday, Sept 9, between 1-3 pm. Crew Leaders responsible for constructing 15 bittersweet circles by Oct. 13 with help of volunteers.
- Contact person: Sonja Wadman
- Phone: 781-893-3355
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.walthamlandtrust.org
Have questions about being a part of the coolest stewardship/public art project around, the Waltham Land Trust's Organic Nature Viewing Blind at Shady's Pond? Attend an orientation workshop this Sunday between 1-3 pm. Park/meet at the Staples parking lot, 800 Lexington Street.
The plan is to collect invasive Oriental bittersweet vines from Waltham trails, strip them of their berries/leaves, and weave them into concentric circles. The circles will be attached to each other like a quilt then strung up between 3 trees at Shady's Pond, creating a screen that hides folks from watching and photographing birds, foxes, and other wildlife at Shady’s Pond. Be a Crew Leader who supervises harvesting and weaving activities at times arranged by you before October 13, when we plan to install the blind. Please email email@example.com if you can help and/or have folks who want to be a part of this creative public art and environmental stewardship project!